Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Remember when those Hollywood homofascists almost gay-married Bud on Father Knows Best in 1955?

Bud the Bridesmaid was broadcast February 27, 1955 on the CBS television network.
     It was the 22nd episode of Season One and the script was written by Dorothy Cooper and Barbara Hammer from an original story by Ed James.

Kathy: You're the bride!
Bud: What? ... Do I look like a bride?
Jim: Now... Start with the left foot.
Bud: If this ever gets out I'll never be able to show my face again!
Jim: Oh, NO ONE'S GOING TO TELL.
Bud: Have a heart, dad.
Margaret: Stop arguing. Act like a bride.
Bud: How can I try out for the football team if the fellas ever find out I was a bride?


We like the part at the end where (as AKSARBENT spins it) Bud wept over the one who got away.


No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis